Massage is a continuation of the sense of touch – hands on body – and yet massage goes much further than just skin deep, even deeper than muscles, fascia and tendons. A good caring massage delves deep down, right to the depth of your being.
A nurturing massage creates feelings of well-being, trust and joy, the emotional aspect of massage is extremely important.
Some of the potential benefits of regular massage therapy:
- Improves softness of connective tissue
- Enhances the blood’s circulation
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Assists in the elimination of metabolic waste
- Relaxes muscles and releases trigger points as blood-flow improves throughout the body
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Reduces pain and increases body awareness
- Boosts the Endocrine system with the release of endorphins
- Increases lymphatic flow encouraging the lymph to circulate through the body more efficiently
- Assists the digestive system with relaxation
- Increases mental clarity
- Reduces anxiety and releases unexpressed emotions
- General feelings of well-being
Pregnant women, Senior citizens, young people and everyone can benefit from therapeutic massage.